Dooley responds to incident

As the Knoxville Police Department continues their investigation into an overnight fight at Bar Knoxville on Cumberland Ave. that sent two people to the hospital and resulted in two Tennessee football players being charged, first year head coach Derek Dooley has taken action in punishing members of his program.
It is a privilege, not a right, to be a member of the University of Tennessee football team," Dooley said in a statement. "The most important responsibility of that privilege is to properly represent this institution and our supporters on and off the field.
I am disappointed and in many ways embarrassed by the poor judgment displayed on many fronts by several members of our football team last night.
Although we are still gathering all the facts and some legal proceedings will follow, we have taken some initial levels of discipline resulting from my conversations with the student-athletes who were present.
Darren Myles has been permanently dismissed from our football program. Marlon Walls and Greg King have been indefinitely suspended.
I am respectful of the process that follows with the local authorities and with our institutional guidelines and leadership.
As I have referenced on many occasions, a change in culture is achieved in time through a combination of education, discipline and support. We will aggressively continue to build on the many positive changes that have occurred over the last five months to ensure our program is represented with class and dignity.
Tennessee freshman Da'Rick Rogers and sophomore safety Darren Myles, Jr. were released on bond Friday morning after being arrested..
Rogers was charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. Myles was charged with evading arrest, resisting arrest, and simple assault.
According to UTPD reports, Myles fled on foot southbound on Lake Ave. After a foot chase Myles according to the police report struck officer Brian Greenlee with his elbow under Greenlee's left eye.
Myles then fled and was found hiding under a white BMW, when instructed to come out from under the car, Myles fled again. Myles ran through the breezeway of Greve Hall. He was later located in bushes next to Henson Hall and was taken into custody.
The Knoxville Police Department is continuing their investigation into the fight which obviously involves King and Walls in some way although neither have been charged. Authorities also detained defensive tackle John Brown, freshman wide receiver Matt Milton, and receiver Denarius Moore on Friday but none have been charged in the incident.
Sophomore defensive tackle Montori Hughes has not been charged by officials and has not been punished by Dooley, but Hughes has retained lawyer Greg Issacs.